Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New Year - Goals (although a bit late!)

Happy New Year everyone!

I know - I'm a bit late... by like three weeks late. And actually 2 posts too late for my first post... But I love New Years!!! There's something about it - the newness, the potential - it's so refreshing and so so inspiring. Goal lists have been popping up everywhere around the house - on scrap paper, in various notebooks, in my planner. All sorts of goals - spiritual goals, mothering, crafting, cooking.  I wanted to compile a list of my crafty goals this year in one place. So here it is!

Joining:
I want this to be a year of joining! Currently I am involved in a quilt a long on instagram under the hashtag #scrappylogcabinQAL. I blogged about this quilt top here.


I also joined a Finish along over at On the Windy Side and blogged about my finish goals here.  I'm really excited to get projects done! This pot holder is actually the oldest WIP in my basket!


If you're interested about the Finish Along you can read more about by pressing the button below. 

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Quilts
This goal is mostly about family. Last year my sister, niece, dad, and baby boy were recipients of a quilt. I would like to make a quilt for the remaining family members who are currently quiltless.

* Mom - and I know the perfect pattern and have already bought the fabric for it. My mom asked for a happy quilt - and how happy can these colors possibly be!



* My two nephews. I haven't found the pattern that I want yet but I know it will pop up!

* My husband and best friend - he needs a quilt that he can call his very own.


Sewing 

I want to learn two specific things this year: paper piecing and free motion quilting.  I want to use this book to learn how to do the projects in this book. A lot of the things that I've learned about sewing were from the author of this book. I want so much to be able to learn how to do paper piecing so that I can learn how to do some of the amazing projects here.




Learning free motion quilting is just so beautiful and wonderful in the swirls and ability to move freely. I still have to do some reading on it and get a free motion quilting foot for my machine.


Garment Sewing 
Oh this is something that I have been wanting to do since Liam was born. I want to be able to make this little guy clothes! It must be such a wonderful experience to be able to make something for your child that will keep them warm, but most especially can be used for play! So ::crossing fingers:: hopefully we will see some garments on the blog this year!

Stitching 
I have long admired the work of Amanda at the frosted pumpkin stitchery. So this year I have upped and joined the year long sampler Story Time!  Looking back at all of the projects on my list I realized that most of the projects were for family - so this project was put on the list solely for selfish purposes. I'm allowed that right? I'm still waiting for my materials. I purchased them and am anxiously awaiting them in the mail!

Do you have any crafting goals for the new year?









No comments:

Post a Comment