Friday, June 26, 2015

Lions and Tigers and Bear Pillows oh my!












Taking Liam to the San Diego Zoo with my parents has to be hands down my favorite memory made from this trip so far. Everything about this trip was lovely. The home packed lunch shared in the shade with my parents, Ross' excitement about the animals, the time to walk and talk and share, Liam's big grin as he pointed at the flamingos. Oh summer vacation days - how you fill my cup with your goodness.


Liam came home with so many goodies. Presents from his Papa and Grandma. Oh how I loved watching them choose things for this sweet little boy. How Liam would choose between two things presented to him... how his little face would light up as he cuddled all of his new toys. Some for now and some for later - but oh what happy memories are attached to all of them!



Oh this book by Amy Simbaldi of NanaCompany... how I want to make EVERYTHING inside of you! A few cushions for Liam's birthday corner were on the list and now I have one down! Woo hoo! What an amazing feeling!


This pillow stitched up really fast! I finished it in about two days.  In mama time: 2 very long nap times, 2 early mornings, and 2 late nights. It was such a fun project to work on. The ears are what gets me. I think I play with the ears on this pillow at least twice every hour. Man how those ears get me!


The projects for Liam's corner are slowly coming together. The only things needed for his little corner now are one more pillow and his abc sampler. Oh how the stitches of this sampler makes me smile! This is my early morning project. I love stitching this with a cup of coffee steaming beside me while I  listen to the day begin. These is something so wonderfully soothing about handwork in the early morning or evenings. If I could have it my way I would stitch everything by hand.

Well - here's to bear pillows and Friday finishes! Oh what a wonderful time it has been so far!

Linking up to Finish it Friday and Sew the Library.
Weekend Doings

6 comments:

  1. Your bear pillow is darling!!! And what sweet zoo pictures and your little one!!!! My comments don't usually carry through so just in case, here's my email and blog address: sunshineintheattic@yahoo.com and sunshineintheattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Sheri! It was such a wonderful Zoo trip! And the bear pillow stitches up so nicely!

      Delete
  2. Karisma, it looks like a great at the zoo. I love the pillow you made. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karisma your baby is adorable! I love the picture of him on the stroller with his little had on. I love the pillow. Amy's book is filled with great projects.
    Thank you for linking up to Sew the Library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! Amy's book is AMAZING! Thank you so much for hosting a space for the Sew the Library! It is really helping me to utilize all of the crafting books that I have on the shelf! What a motivator! Mahalo!

      Delete