Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Sweetiepie Stitch Along


There is so much talent out there in the blogging community. And each blog, like it's writer has so much personality.  There are some blogs that I turn to when I need to get fired up to get my sewing list done. There are some blogs that I visit to appreciate a sense of aesthetics and calm. Alicia Paulson's Posiegetscozy is one of those spaces. When I visit her space, it's almost like I can hear her little girl laughing, smell bread baking, glory in the flowers both outside and in... and it's a place I go to when I need a figurative cup of tea and a breath of beauty and sweetness.

She just recently published her latest pattern, My Sweetiepie sampler - and oh it is perfect. The color fabric, the colors of threads all lying together, just make you feel cozy and warm.

This project goes so well with the birthday project I have in my mind for my little boy. When I saw that Alicia's kits were for sale, I used a bit of the funds I have been putting aside for Liam's birthday project and purchased it. And it was worth every penny! The pattern was printed on such lovely heavy paper, and the fabric and color of threads look so much richer and lovelier in person! I could tell the time and effort it took to put these kits together. It made me really reflect on the plight of the small business owner - and the craftsmanship that goes into their products. It really inspired me to start looking to smaller home based businesses for some of our household things. But that is another subject for another blog post.

When I opened my package, after marveling about the beauty of it - the questioned dawned on me... how will this new project fit into the rhythm spent on crafting during the day? The answer for that question came about shortly when I realized that Ginny of Small Things started a stitch along for this sampler! Two letters and their corresponding motifs a week, to be posted with a picture on Flicker or Instagram starting Friday April 24th.  I will probably be posting in Instagram and if you are interested in joining along, the hashtag is #mysweetiepieabcsstitchalong.  Handwork like cross stitching, embroidery, or hand quilting usually takes place during nap time since Liam sleeps best on the couch with his little feet on me. So my two motifs will be stitched during that time, and then when my two motifs are done, I can work on the other long term embroidery project for Liam's birthday that is already currently underway (more on that project later to come!).

I read something today that really touched me, and now is the headline of my to do list for the week. How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives ~ Annie Dillard.  A life of creating for my loved ones... oh yes please! I couldn't ask for more.






No comments:

Post a Comment