Monday, November 18, 2013

First appliqued hexagons!


It has been so nice having energy again - after being sick for so long and not having a creative drive I am ready to jump into this week and catch up on sewing projects that are waiting for me on my desk. I finally finished basting all of the smaller hexagons onto the larger ones last night, and have been excited to tackle this project for my sister. I started with her favorite color - green... the tools that have been following me around have been my ever so trusty needle book (which was one of my first small projects that I ever sewed), my embroidery scissors, and the color of thread that I'm currently working with. 

It's crazy to think that I almost didn't add the smaller hexagons to this quilt top. But I am so glad that I did. Even more so now that I've seen one appliquéd down. It adds a whole different dimension to the quilt. I like touching the finished hexagon - it's so soft and smooth.... I wonder if my sister will do the same when it is finished and she is cuddling under it while she reads. 

I enjoy appliqué so much - I have a feeling it's because that's what I started with when I first started sewing. It has been nice to be able to sit and stitch at the table once more... after dinner I'm going to try and see if I can get more of the smaller hexagons done. ::sigh:: speaking of dinner, I guess I better put my stuff away and get it started. 

Happy sewing all! 
K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment